How to Improve Your Chances of Winning Custody of Your Children After Divorce
They key to winning full or partial custody of your child or children after a divorce is to demonstrate to the best of your ability that you can provide your children with a safe, healthy, and supportive environment. This means recording and documenting as much as possible all that you have done to care for your children, including things like:
- Taking them to doctors appointments
- Participating in school activities
- Attending parent-teacher conferences
- Helping your children with homework
- Signing your children up for activities and sports
- Participating with your children in community and church activities, etc.
Make a record of everything that you do to care for your children and think about who may be able to serve as a witness to support your claims, like your children’s teachers, coaches, preacher, neighbors, doctor, etc.
You’ll want to work closely with your divorce attorney to help make as strong a case as possible for your custody claim. If you live in Temecula and don’t yet have a divorce attorney, contact Albrecht & Albrecht at (951) 693-3132 to schedule a consultation.