Why Being Dependable Matters for Your Child Custody Case
When a judge makes a decision on how to award child custody after parental separation or divorce, one big factor the judge takes into consideration is the character of each parent. Which parent is more reliable and more stable? Which can take better care of the children?
If you are seeking custody of your children, then it is important that you do everything you can to show that you are a dependable parent. If you haven’t always been so reliable in the past, you can’t change that, but you can modify your behavior now.
Easy ways to show that you are dependable are:
- Picking your children up from school on time each day
- Dropping them off and picking them up for sports practice, dance lessons, after school groups on time
- Being able to leave work and pick up a child if he/she becomes ill at school
- Picking up and dropping your children off on time during your custodial time
- Bringing your children to necessary doctors appointments, dentist appointments, and other appointments as needed
Want more help on putting together the strongest child custody case as possible? If you live in Temecula, California, then contact the attorneys at Albrecht & Albrecht.